Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Blog # 19 : Hot Diggity Dog! (Inter-class Speech Competition)

“I’m in the room with the other nine contestants. Two judges came in the room. I felt the pressure inside the room, and I think I need a hotdog.”

            If you would ask me to describe my experience about the Inter-class speech competition, I would describe my experience to a hotdog. Its either you’re buns are ready but your hotdog is still cold inside, or you’re a perfect piece of hotdog that a person would take a blissful bite. I have to be honest I don’t have the experience speaking in front of a very large crowd, and testing my abilities if you’re the “perfect hotdog.”

            I have the feeling that people would stare into your soul. I don’t why I felt that way that very time. No matter how many times I memorize my speech, I ended up having a mental blackout. I hate being pressured to be honest it’s like juggling knives without having the experience of doing so in front of a large crowd. To avoid the feeling of pressure, I imagine things like I would walk under the sunshine, or simply end the elimination round early.
            All of us contestants went back to the room for the results. When I didn’t hear my name, the feeling is like having a long, good shower after a week of no bath. Although it’s weird of me to celebrate but I know I didn’t made myself through so my dad would be proud of me. Well I believe that the contestant gave their all but it’s the elimination, so some of us are not in.
            I am one of the cold-centered hotdog. I am not ready to be “eaten” by people yet. The experience was really memorable but I know I lack one thing only, and that is confidence. This Inter-class speech competition does give me a lesson and a reminder of improvement. It was a blast, really.
            After the competition, they said that the results would be announced on the next day. Man, what a cliffhanger! I guess I’m going to buy hotdog and predict on who will win the competition.

For now, have this One Punch Dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment