Powered By Blogger

Saturday, January 2, 2016

Blog # 20 : Season to be jolly! (Speech Choir)


“ ‘Tis the season to be jolly, Fa la la la la, la la la la! “

            Indeed, it has been the season (or the day) to be jolly besides having being a bit pressured on the Speech Choir competition. Six blocks, three places, one champion. The trophies are the apple of the eyes of each block, especially the championship trophy that even I would want my block to have that. Well I have to be honest we’re “half-baked” for the competition.

            After weeks of practice, my observation is some of our classmates don’t take this seriously and we didn’t think deep enough because we’re given I think two months of preparation and we only did it for three weeks. It’s quite a rush because we’re also reaching for the requirements of different subjects. It’s an undercover pressure for each and everyone.

            During the competition, we were the first group to perform. The thought of being in front of the stage “half-baked”, we’re like freaking out on this. But once we’re up on stage, the pressure was gone and we give our all. Then the rest of the day, we just watched the other perform their speech choir (I have to be honest, the other blocks does their performance better, literally.), ignite speech, and an enjoyable game.

            Although we’re “half-baked”, we still managed to step on the second-runner up.  The Marketing and Advertising 151 reached first runner-up, and Business and Management 151 reached the championship trophy. We all did our efforts at the end of the day.
Extra:
            The winners of the inter-class speech competition was mentioned, two of our classmates reached second-runner up and champion. The ignite speech, our classmate reached third runner up.
            If you would ask for an epilogue, my friends and I exchanged gifts and bade good-by.

            If you would notice that I’m too lazy to mention names, it’s not that I hate them, I just got the chill to the season that’s all!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol,
    I don't mind that you didn't mention the names of the individual winners but please note that the champion of the Speech Choir Competition was Tourism Management and NOT BM151.
    Ms Eliz

    ReplyDelete