Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Blog# 12: Some Jeepney Stories

I don't usually think a lot in the jeepney. But when I do, it's going to be deep. Really deep.

                                 Besides what to eat at home, have you ever think deep in the jeepney? Ever asked yourself what did you do before going home, or what kind of good deed you'll do before going home? If you have, you're not alone. Who wouldn't think really deep in such an annoying traffic? The heat from the sun and engine, the smoke of other jeepneys, cars, or trucks, the dust from the construction, and the noisy horns of "rushing" citizens. It's really inevitable, but let me share some experiences I'll never forget while I was heading home.

                             I rode a jeep (obviously) then I saw a jolly young girl with her grandmother beside her. I can't stop smiling every time I see her. Holding her coca-cola bottle candy, while talking to a stranger beside her. I loved her enthusiasm, her innocence, and her shyness. I've decided to draw her in anime style. She was happy. She showed it to her grandmother then kept it in her plastic bag with her favorite treat in it. I kept smiling, and I wasn't satisfied. I made an origami lotus flower for her. She showed it to her grandmother. I went down the jeepney as my destination reached. I winked at the girl before I came down, and I walked home, smiling.

                                    I was walking going to the jeepney terminal on a rainy afternoon. A guy was running under the rain. I can't bear to see this guy running under the crying heavens. I raised my umbrella and brisk walked beside him. I spoke up to him"Kuya heto oh. Maki-sulong ka magkasakit ka pa niyan." He smiled with a hint of embarrassment and said "Nako ate, huwag nalang po. Nakakahiya."  I refused his request. He had no choice but to be with me under the umbrella. When we reached the jeepney terminal, we sat together, and the conversation started. We're both freshmen in the same school but different institution. I'm an accountancy student and he's an IT student (if I can remember) He's from Laguna which is quite far. I asked him why did he ride in this jeepney if he's from Laguna. He smiled with a laughter "Kasi ang dad ko nagtatrabaho sa Star Cruise. Kaya hihintay ako doon." After he went down the jeepney. He waved good-by. Call it a serendipity, it's just good things come together. Don't even try thinking of it as my future couple


Basically that's what I remembered.. Hope I can think some more..

#TeamLauxenflair


No comments:

Post a Comment