Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 28, 2015

Blog # 17: Speak Up!

Speaking in front is not an easy task.
                           Its was lazy Friday on that very day, a competition for high school of various schools. I was there, sitting for four hours, mostly waiting but astonished by the speaking talents of the young students. I told myself "When I was in that age, I'm still shy to speak in front!" How amazing it is to watch the students speaking in front as if they're already experienced!

                               I have to say, some of their speeches touched my heart. I remember some of the stories. The hotdog guy, the girl who slashed her wrist, the I-almost-died-when-I-was-born boy, the dumped-after-the-prom guy, and the at-home guy. Although some of the speeches of the others were a bit off (especially dead airs), but the content of their speech is one of a kind. It really touched me as in my heart is racing. It gave me full attention, and I praise them by applauding.

                                The activities of the program was quite fun. The debate and the transition challenge is really fun. I told myself "I want to be in front and experience!" But of course, the shy me took over. I didn't go up the stage, instead, I watch my classmates do their thing over there. Oh the excitement was there! Quite enjoyable.

                            The overall program is something memorable for a speaking club. Well, I have to admit, I really enjoyed the program even though I spent half of the time getting bored. It's hard to catch the audience attention, but you have to speak out and let your voice be heard!


P.S. The inter-class competition is up next, and I am very, very, VERY nervous about it! (Because I'm one of the chosen and I want to back out for some reason. But I can't.)

#TeamLauxenflair


No comments:

Post a Comment