Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Blog # 11: Christianity as One

I went to Malabon to meet a special someone. It was a challenge for me.

                               Yes, he invited me to his church when I told him I don't have a Saturday Class. I was excited at first then I got nervous when I stepped on the land of Malabon. When I went in to the church, I feel like I'm an apple in an orange crate! I'm wore the typical casual blouse and jeans get up, while the majority, for the girls, wear dress! Nervousness engulfed me!

                                He's a Seventh-Day Adventist, I'm a Catholic. He goes to church every Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday, while I go to church every Sunday. He studies bible, while I listen to the priest's preach. But we only have one similarity. We praise the One and Only Jesus Christ. During the Sabbath day, he invited me to join in the bible study. And here's what caught my attention.

                                There are two preachers inside the room. An elder, and a guy in his mid 40's. The rest are Adventists, except for me and another old woman. I was quite shocked to the guy, who's in his mid 40's, was originally a Catholic, then converted to Inglesia ni Cristo, then to Adventist. I told myself that the guy really looks for true devotion to Jesus Christ. While the two preachers, told some chapter and verses from different persons, I was a bit struck with their words regarding to different branches of Christianity (e.g. Mormons, INC, Roman Catholic, Lutheran, Protestants, Seventh-Day Adventist, etc.) has different ways, and the reason why the Seventh-Day Adventist is very different to them, is that they read the bible, as for the bible is where the Lord's story and teachings are scripted. There's the sad part. Hearing that some religion used their religion as part of gaining power since its in majority in the country. Some people pray for the sake of it. Catholics doesn't read the bible because they kept on relying the preaching of the priests. How ironic that the preacher mentioned that the Catholic doesn't read bible? I didn't agree on that because there are some who really read the bible even though they're Catholic. INC doesn't believe on Jesus Christ, which made me ponder, where the preacher said that Jesus is the human form of God. Some of the time, during the bible study, I sighed silently to the horrid nature to the different branches of Christianity, but enjoyed the whole bible study up to the end.

                               At the end of the day, I thanked my beloved one for letting me in the church and giving me his time. It made me reflect on many things to be honest. It really made me ponder and asked myself with this big question: "If we all believed in one God, why do we have to branch out ourselves? Why do we have to differ ourselves with the others?"

                                 There is a purpose in having a religion, as it is for the people to unite and believe in one God. To come in peace with the people. No discrimination, no hate, just love for our kind and love for God.

#TeamLauxenflair
Author with the mentioned special someone

No comments:

Post a Comment